The staff at Hermit Park State School are a dedicated and enthusiastic bunch. Each year staff undertake extensive professional development to ensure they are well informed and utilising the latest research-based teaching methods.In addition to our wonderful classroom teachers, the students of Hermit Park are supported by a broader team which includes:
- a dedicated support teachers for Literacy and Numeracy;
- a full-time librarian;
- a guidance officer;
- an ICT officer;
- digital coach;
- teacher aides;
- health and physical education teachers;
- classroom music teachers;
- instrumental music teachers;
- and our administrative team.
Recognition of teaching excellence
A number of our staff have been recognised nationally and internationally for excellence in teaching and innovative teaching methods. These include:
- Mr Clayton Carnes - Information Communications Technology (ICT) Educator of the Year, National iAwards (2012)
- Mr Brad Coey – Microsoft Innovative Teacher of the Year Award (2011)
- Mr Clayton Carnes – Excellence by a Principal, Australian Awards for Teaching Excellence (2011)
- Mr Craig Aisthorpe – Litter Leaders Award (2010)
- Ms Julianne Cervellin - State winner Smart Classroom Award (2009)
Our staff have also presented on education and learning at numerous conferences world-wide in locations such as London (2011), Thailand and the USA.
Contact a member of staff
Members of staff are always delighted to chat with parents about any aspect of their child's schooling. If you have a question or concern please do not hesitate to get in touch.